Today’s cutting-edge, rigorous and relevant career and technical education (CTE) prepares youth and adults for a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers in established and emerging industries.
what is career and Technical education?
- Educates students for a range of career options through 16 Career Clusters® and 79+ pathways
- Offers clear pathways to industry certifications, post-secondary certificates and degrees
- Partners with businesses to prepare students for tomorrow’s workforce
- Fulfills employer needs in high-skill, high-wage, high-demand areas
- Prepares students to be college- and career-ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills and technical, job-specific skills
The more students participate in career and technical student organizations, the higher their academic motivation, academic engagement, grades, career self-efficacy, college aspirations and employability skills.